MANILA, Philippines – Gokongwei-led Cebu Pacific is scheduled to resume flights to and from Surigao City on March 11, after the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) last week declared the Surigao Airport open for commercial operations.
Airlines had suspended service to Surigao City last February 11 due to runway damage caused by the magnitude 6.7 earthquake that struck the area on February 10.
"Cebu Pacific, in cooperation with the [CAAP], is sending a team to assess the Surigao Airport runway, prior to the resumption of its flights. This is to ensure that the airline’s operational requirements are met," the airline said in a statement on Tuesday, February 28.
Cebu Pacific earlier said passengers whose flights were suspended prior to March 11 can be accommodated via Cebu-Butuan-Cebu flights or avail of any of the following options, without penalties:
- rebook flights for travel within 30 days from original departure date
- reroute flights to alternate stations (Cebu or Bacolod) within 30 days from original departure date
- opt for full refund or travel fund
To specify their preferred option, guests may call Cebu Pacific reservation hotlines 702-0888 or 230-8888, or visit the airline’s ticket offices listed below:
- NAIA Terminal 3 Sales Office – Level 3, Departure Hall, NAIA Terminal 3, Andrews Avenue, Pasay City
- NAIA Terminal 4 Express Ticket Office – Old Domestic Road, Pasay City
- KidZania Manila (rebooking transactions only) – Park Triangle, 3245 North 11th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, 1634 Taguig City
- Robinsons Galleria – West Lane, Level 1, Ortigas Avenue corner ADB Avenue, Quezon City
- Robinsons Place Imus – Level 4, Aguinaldo Highway, Imus, Cavite
- Robinsons Place Manila – Level 1, Adriatico Wing, Pedro Gil corner Adriatico Street, Ermita, Manila
- Cebu Airport Ticket Office – Mactan-Cebu International Airport, Lapu-Lapu Airport Road, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
- Robinsons Fuente – Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City